Advanced A LS
- Quizlet for Debbie's class.
Sign up for a free Quizlet account and then join the class, so you can study vocabulary and grammar for the class. You can also create your own sets.
- Longman dictionary. Here you can look up words in English for free!
- Cambridge dictionary. This is another free dictionary and it has pronunciation!
- Contemporary Topics 3. You can watch all of the lectures from our course book here. Just click on unit.
- Science of Learning Videos. These are short videos that explain some good learning techniques.
- Deliberate Practice Video You can learn more about how to practice a skill effectively.
- UC Berkeley Introduction to Psychology. The lecture about psychology starts at 31:39. The first part is just about how the class works.
- Introduction to Linguistics Lecture. This is a 13-minute Youtube video by Prof Jürgen Handke.
- Canine Companions. This short video has stories about support animals.
- Radiolab: Wild Talk. This podcast looks at recent discoveries in animal communication. If you like to listen to podcasts about science and society topics, Radiolab has lots of great shows that are all free.
- Bill Nye, The Science Guy on Climate Change. This 4-minute video introduces the causes, effects, and solutions of climate change.
- Global Climate Change. Mr. Anderson's AP Environmental Science class introduces climate change.
- Ecosystem Ecology. Mr Anderson's AP Environmental Science class explains how ecosystems work.
- The Story of Bottled Water. Learn facts about bottled water and its effects on the environment.
- U.S. History Lectures Josh's lectures on U.S. History.
- UC Berkeley Lecture on Immigration. You can see all of the lectures from History 7B here. Click on the immigration lecture, which is lecture 10
- Presentation #1: Social Psychology Experiments. This page has links to videos and articles to help you research your topic.
- Here is a video that shows how to make a slideshow using Google Slides. You can also use powerpoint or Keynote.
- Mini-Presentation about animals. You can get good information on Kids National Geographic or National Geographic. Prepare a 2-minute talk about the animal's habitat, food, behavior, communication, interesting facts. Be sure to print and bring a picture of the animal.
- Presentation #2: U.S. History. This page has sources to help you learn about the causes and effects of different events/periods in U.S. history.
- Debate. Click here to get resources for our class debate.